Pennsylvania Grant and Incentive Programs
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Grant Offerings:
- Vehicle Retrofit or Purchase – To offset the incremental cost of purchasing alternative fuel vehicles or retrofitting existing vehicles to operate on alternative fuels.
- Alternative Fuel Refueling Infrastructure – To assist in the costs to purchase and install refueling equipment for fleet or home-based refueling.
- Biofuel Use – To support a portion of the cost to purchase high content biofuels.
- Innovative Technology – To support research, training, development, and demonstration of new alternative fuels and alternative fuel vehicles.
Approximately $7 million in grants will be available for school districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships incorporated or registered in the Commonwealth to support:
- 50% of incremental cost expenses relative to retrofitting vehicles to operate on alternative fuels as a bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicle.
- 50% of incremental cost expenses to purchase bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicles.
- The cost to purchase and install the necessary fleet refueling or home-refueling equipment for bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicles.
- The cost to perform research, training, development and demonstration of new applications or next-phase technology related to alternative fuel vehicles.
- Reimbursement incentives for school districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions and nonprofit entities who purchase and use biofuel blends including e-85 and biodiesel blends of 5% biofuel content and higher.
An alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) must be a new vehicle with an odometer reading of less than 500 miles at the time of purchase to be eligible for a rebate.
- $2,000 rebate for a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh) and battery electric vehicle (EV) (battery system capacity equal/greater than 10 kWh). Does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV, or low-speed electric vehicle. (The first 250 qualified applicants only**)
- $1000 rebate for a PHEV or EV (battery system capacity less than 10 kWh). Does not include electric motorcycle, scooter, ATV, or low-speed electric vehicle.
- $1000 rebate for a compressed natural gas fueled vehicle (CNG). OEM/Certified Retrofit only.
- $1,000 rebate for a propane fueled vehicle (LPG). OEM/Certified Retrofit only.
- $1,000 rebate for a hydrogen and/or fuel cell vehicle (FC).
- $500 rebate for an electric motorcycle/scooter, ATV or other low-speed electric vehicle if registered in Pennsylvania (EMC).